Vegetarian Spaghetti (Pad Kee Maow)
Recipe (for 5 persons)
- Spaghetti (no.4) – 1 pack (500g)
- Bok Choy – 3 bunches
- Beansprout – 1 pack
- Basil Leaves – 50gm
- Garlic – 4-5 cloves
- Chilli – 2
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- White Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce – 4 tablespoons
- Seasoning Sauce (Golden Mountain) – 3 tablespoons
- Dark Soy Sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 3
- Bring 5 litres of water to the boil in the pot add 500 gm of Spaghetti and 1 teaspoon of salt, a little bit of oil. When spaghetti is cooked(8-9 minutes), drain well.
- Heat the wok, add Vegetable Oil and the Eggs.
- Add Garlic and Chilli then the Spaghetti.
- Seasoning with soy sauce, Seasoning Sauce, Sugar, Dark Soy Sauce(to make the colour), Salt.
- Put Bok Choy(cut in strips along the bunch), keep stirring until the Bok Choy is nearly cooked, add Beansprout and Basil Leaves.
- Serve on Plate. (Granish with crispy basil)
Chu Chee Eggplant
Recipe for 1 portion (for 2 people)
- 1 eggplant
- 100gm tempura flour (gogi)
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 fresh chilli
- 2-3 lime leaves
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Mix tempura flour with some water and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry eggplant until golden brown.
- Heat coconut milk and curry paste then add chilli and lime leaves.
- Season with soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for a few minutes to get the right consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the eggplant.
- Serve with Jasmine Rice.
Beef Salad (Yam Nuea)
Recipe (for 2 people)
- 1½ pounds beef top side, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1-2 fresh chili, finely chopped
- 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- Blanch sliced beef in the boiling hot water for a few minutes
- In a large bowl combine beef sliced, cilantro, mint, and fresh chili
- In a small bowl combine fish sauce, sugar, and lime juice. mix well
- Pour this dressing over the sliced beef and toss to coat
- Before serving, garnish with cilantro and mint leaves
Hot and Sour Prawn Soup (Tom Yum Goong)
Recipe (for 4 People)
- 2 fresh chili (bird eye chili)
- 2-3 slice of galangal
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tomato sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ lbs raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 5 springs cilantro chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- Boil chicken stock and water with galangal, lemongrass, fresh chill and kaffir lime leaves about 2-3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, fish sauce, sugar and mushrooms
- Add the prawns and cook just until they turn pink, about 2 minutes
- Add lime juice and shallot cilantro
Spicy Ground Chicken Salad (Lab Kai)
Recipe (For 2-4 People)
- 4 ounces of chicken
- 2-03 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of chicken stock
- 2-3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sweet chill jam (available in most oriental supermarkets)
- 1 tablespoon khao koor (ground toasted rice)
- 2 red onions sliced
- 1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
Garnish with lettuce, coriander leaves.
line a serving dish with the lettuce leaves.
- Chop the chicken in a food processor
- In a fairly high wok. With a small amount of oil, stir fry the chicken until it just starts to turn whitish, then add all the remaining ingredients
- Serve on the bed of lettuce leaves and garnish to taste. Serve with steamed sticky rice or jasmine rice
Authentic Thai food in Tuggeranong, ACT